As a part of our blog, we try to help you find all the right qualities in a custom home builder for your home building project. Recently, we’ve evaluated a few common themes that any luxury custom home builder should have. After all, building a custom home requires knowledge and skills to provide features and design elements that are not usually supplied by production builders or even semi-custom home builders. In this blog, we will provide three areas where each luxury custom home builder should excel.
At the very end of your day, your home building experience and the whole customer experience are primarily based on the builder’s capabilities in these spots. Make sure you are thorough during your evaluation. There are way too many stories of different homeowners who wished they had more thoroughly evaluated their home builders. Read on to learn more!
Skillset, Staffing, and Bandwidth with Your Home Builder
- The capabilities and business model of your builder will significantly influence the kind of client experience you receive.
- Do they have the human, equipment, or capital resources to manage various projects?
- Do they provide you with extensive oversight for project management?
- Do they employ staff members for various specialized jobs, such as carpentry and plumbing?
- Do they provide concierge service and someone working side-by-side with the clients throughout every phase of the home building project to enhance selection, stay on schedule, and plan meetings and showroom visits?
- Do they have any in-house fabrication, or do they outsource?
- Do they have an in-house or sub-contracted home workers, and how long have these relationships been around for?
- Are they reliable? Are they certified?
Permitting and Home Building Site Preparation
A qualified home builder will be very well-versed in the permitting requirements for the area you want to build in. Areas like waterfront properties, forest preservation space, and spots designated for controlled growth will require in-depth knowledge and can also be associated with considerable fees and lengthy processes. These should definitely be discussed at the outset of the process to help ensure your builder has the right experience and proper expertise to guide you through this journey. The custom home builders from Robin Ford Builders know all about this, so give us a call if you’re curious!
Robin Ford Can Help You to Build the Custom Home of Your Dreams!
With over 30 years of award-winning custom home building experience, Robin Ford and his team of expert craftsmen have earned a stellar reputation for their commitment to quality. Click here to learn more about our financing options and how we can help you find a home within your budget.
As an Indoor airPLUS Partner, ENERGY STAR® Partner, Certified Green Professional, and Maryland’s only proud member of the exclusive Southern Living Custom Builder Program –Robin Ford Building and Remodeling, Inc. is equipped to build you a home that your children’s children will want to own.
Call 410-239-8850 or contact us here to start experiencing The Robin Ford Difference today. You can also connect with us on Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.